Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] plugins linked to other plugins ?

From: "Neil Piercy" <Neil.Piercy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:32:17 -0000
I know this might be a strange thing to do, but...

I'm trying to get one plugin to use external symbols from another
plugin, and it _almost_ works:
- windows build easy - manual Makefile.nmake hacks easy
- linux build slightly harder due to my lack of understanding of
automake, but now works
- rpm packaging fails!

The problem I've got with the rpm packaging is that when constructing
the install tree under /tmp, libtool notices that the child plugin is
linked against the parent and tries to relink it - unfortunately using
-l<plugin-name> but thus tries to find lib<plugin-name>.so, not
<plugin-name>.so.

Is there any way to prevent this relink - as I understand it, provided
they are loaded in the right order, the relink should not be needed (but
I might be wrong there...).

Of course most answers will probably be "don't do it" ;-)

Neil