Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] capture preferences

From: "Puszynski, Helen A (Helen)" <hpuszyns@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:13:27 -0400
Hi,

I downloaded a new version of libpcap and was going to install
it but when i looked at the tar file it doesn't look correct.
$ tar tf libpcap.0.8.3.tar.tar
./usr/local/bin/include/pcap-bpf.h
./usr/local/bin/include/pcap-namedb.h
./usr/local/bin/include/pcap.h
./usr/local/bin/lib/libpcap.a
./usr/local/bin/man/man3/pcap.3

should it get installed in /usr/local/bin/...
or /usr/local/...

I got the tar ball from: http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/libpcap.html

Thanks,
Helen Puszynski