Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Rpcapd and Linux

From: "Daniel Katz-Braunschweig" <dkatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:20:42 -0400
Hello all:

I search the archives but couldn't find anything related to this.

I tried compiling rpcapd on a Redhat (Fedora) core 3 machine.  It
compiled okay but everytime I connected I got an error "Send: Bad File
Descriptor (code 9)."  I tracked it down to a few lines of code which
seem to be causing a problem.  The fp object in function
"daemon_thrdatamain" in file daemon.c seems to change after the while
loop (I'm assuming the pcap_next_ex function has something to do with
that.)  I made the following modifications to make it work.

Both changes should be made in daemon.c:
line 1460 add:  SOCKET fp2 = fp->rmt_sockdata;
line 1497 change: fp->rmt_sockdata to fp2

Good luck,
Daniel Katz-Braunschweig