Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] printing and saving options

From: Fabrizio Bertocci <fabrizio@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:05:29 -0700
Smadi,
As far as I know, there's no way you can only save one field (you can save the selected field by pressing CTRL+H, but only for the selected packet).
What you can do is to export the entire trace using the menu:
   File -> Export -> as XML - "PDML" (packet details) file...
This will generate a file in XML format containing the entire tree with all the fields. Depending what you are planning to do with that you can either read the field you are interested into directly from the file, or just write a small parser that extract the field you want from that trace.

Fabrizio

M.N.A.Smadi wrote:

hi;

after sniffing an 802.11 trace with prism headers, is there a way where i can save a specific field in the prism header (say the RSSI field) to a text file?

thanks
m.smadi