Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with Intel 2100 wireless adapter

From: "Marcello Mascheroni" <marcello.mascheroni@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:27:03 +0200
Hi, I have a problem concernig a Centrino HP NC6000 with an Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B mini PCI Adapter (driver version 1.2.3.14) and Windows XP Professional Italian language SP2 (with embedded firewall service disabled).

I installed first Wincap 3_1 Beta4 and then Ethereal 0.10.11.
The installation is OK but when I start to capture using in promiscouse mode the Intel adapter (that is correctly recognised by Ethereal), I don't see any packet (inbound nor outbound).
I've also downloaded from your site the tool windump, and when I start it, it says that it is listening on \Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter (I don't know if it's correct that is listenig on a generic adapter and not on the Intel adapter...)
Please check the attachment file.

Thanks a lot

PS: I've checked that the version of the driver is supported form wincap.