Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Select TCP segment?

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 04:34:55 -0400
Yes,
That is a well known, but no less annoying problem.

The problem is that that code is very old from a time before we had
proper infrastructure for this kind of statistics features to extract
data from packets. (== the TAP system).
Thus the code has to re-read the pcap file itself, directly and parse
the packets up to and including the tcp layer.
The code inside the TCP sequence number ... thing is very primitive
and only recognizes very few types of encapsulation :-(

This code should be TAP-ified so that it will work on all types of
encapsulation.
Can you send me a capture file to test with and I can have a try to
implement these changes sometime next week?