Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bogus IP Header

From: "Gordon Graham" <gcgraham33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:13:46 -0700
I just installed Ethereal today and am having trouble capturing packets properly. I am able to capture a series of packets but almost every one says "Bogus IP length 0 ..." or Bogus IP header ...".

In the packet details area the Frame information says something like (1514 bytes on wire, 28 bytes captured). Different frames have a different number of "bytes on the wire" but all seem to say 28 bytes captured. I've tried promiscuous mode and not promiscuous mode with the same results. Otherwise, I'm using all the default values.

I'm running on a Windows ME laptop using the integrated 8255 fast ethernet controller and I'm connected to a NetGear router (home setup).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Gordon