Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can Ethereal read data streams as input?

From: "Sholund, Mark D, GVSOL" <sholund@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:00:44 -0400
I am interested in using Ethereal to read pcap files that are generated
on a remote system.  I would like to do something like 'ethereal -r
<http://> /pcap/file.pcap'">http://<remote-system>/pcap/file.pcap'  but
this does not appear to work at a command line; Ethereal launched but
complains that it cannot find the file "  <http://>
/pcap/file.pcap">http://<remote-system>/pcap/file.pcap"

Is this something that is doable in a different way than I have tried or
must the file be local in order to input to Ethereal?