Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Packet trace question- are invaild checksums "bad"

From: James Garrison <jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:16:23 -0500
Is your NIC Gigabit Ethernet?  If so, ALL outgoing packets will
appear to have "invalid checksum".  Checksum calculation is performed
in the NIC itself, long after the packet is captured by pcap for
Ethereal.

Phil Jannusch wrote:
I am starting to trace my network for errors and looking for reasons why
my LAN is slow. I am noticing invalid checksums from the NIC on my PC. Is this BAD? Should I be concerned?

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    5608 Parkcrest Dr