Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] CODEC CONFLICT CRASH RESTART

From: Fábio Guimarães <fabioguimaraes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:54:55 -0300
Some months ago i were stuck with ethereal, couldnt use it at all, always when i tried to capture anything it crash my computer restarts, then after searching... google really hard i found that it was a codec problem, i solved it uninstalling the codec, now i cant find the exact codec that is making this crash happen.

My solution right now that not all times resolve the problem is start another program i know that use winpcap Show Traffic. First i run Show Traffic then i scan a little, close it and open Ethereal then Ethereal work a couple of hours without problems but its a weak solution, couse after 5 7 hours scanning and stopping time to time it crashes restart my computer.

I dont know if i be clear. If its not clear help me to colect useful information for solve this problem