Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] new to ethereal (understanding data captured)

From: Chad Hays <chays@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:27:36 -0500

I am new to using ethereal and am trying to understand and interprete the data I have captured.  The issue we are trying to resolve is:  We have a datamax label printer (IP printer) that gets info from our AS400, it  stops the writer randomly (like a time out)  We have the same setup at different places in the plant with no issues, so we  are trying to determine if there is a network issue.  The last data captured is

also, we have a cnc pc that communicates with our file and print sharing server that has A TON of "c search for file or subdirectory in the info tab, using NCP protocol.   Not sure whats going on there but may be creating excessive traffic,
thanx in advance for the help
Chad Hays   MCP, CNEA+
CE/N Analyst
731.686.4353