Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Capture Buffer settings

From: "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:03:30 +0100
In the Capture options dialog box, you can alter the kernel buffer size. The user guide says that increasing this from the default of 1Mb, can help when packets are being dropped.

Is there any point in setting this to a much higher value, or will it be a trade off with the PC's CPU performance?

What is generally the most effective setting for the kernel buffer size?

Keith French.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.