Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] repeated "\"

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:56:05 -0400
This sounds to me like an application problem. Backslashes are usually
something you escape, so maybe you have a runaway backslash escaping
routine that gets cought in the infinite loop.

Check if that that particular conversation _ever_ gets beyond
backslashes or if just keeps doing it until the connection is closed
(indicating buffer overflow perhaps). Otherwise, export the
conversation and check how many of those characters you end up with;
that might be a clue.

Regards,
   Alex.