Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] can't capture

From: Hanspeter Spalinger <h.spalinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:44:31 +0200
Hello to all.

I recently had a reason to use ethereal after not using it for a long time (eg. >1 jear).
In this time it was automticaly updated by my system.
Oh, yes before i forgett: i have a dual G4 PowerMac with OSX 10.3.9, ethereal is installed via fink.

If I now try to capture packets (capture menu->start; first i did a capture-> options) it gives me the following error and quits the client:

** ERROR **: file capture.c: line 89 (capture_start): assertion failed: (capture_opts->state == CAPTURE_STOPPED)
aborting...
Abort trap

Anyone has a idea whats wrong?

Thanks for any idea.

Oh, yes, one additional note:
I don't know if I should send this to the fink mailing list or to yours. Since it's not an installation error (I hope) I decided to ask here.
If I should go ahead to fink mailing list please let me know.

Oh, and again some point: I use ethereal with SSL enabled.