Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Trouble with packet-dcom.c on Solaris 7 gcc-2.95.3

From: "Paul Carl (JASI Contractor)" <pcarl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:09:19 +0000
Paul Carl wrote:

I'm having some compilation problems on Solaris 7 w/
gcc-2.95.3. Unfortunately it's not a system I can
upgrade at this point. I have had no such problems with
Solaris 9.

Here are my configure options:
./configure --disable-ethereal --without-zlib

Here is where it's bombing out:

packet-dcom.c: In function
`dissect_dcom_indexed_LPWSTR':
packet-dcom.c:1246: too many arguments to function
`g_strescape'
packet-dcom.c: In function `dissect_dcom_BSTR':
packet-dcom.c:1331: too many arguments to function
`g_strescape'
make[2]: *** [packet-dcom.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/data/ethereal-0.10.10/epan/dissectors'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/data/ethereal-0.10.10/epan/dissectors'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Hi!

The parameters of the function g_strescape() changed in the GLib
somewhere between 1.3 and 2.2.

The assumption was, that this changed with the 2.0 version, which might
be wrong (but I would be wondering that this wasn't reported earlier if
that's really the case).

Which version of the GLib do you use? Try:

glib-config --version

Regards, ULFL

Ulf,
	That was it. I had installed glib-2.5.0, but 1.2.8 was still installed. I removed it and had no problems after that.

Thank you very much,
pc

--
Paul A. Carl  Senior Systems Programmer	 AMSRD-ARL-CI-HI
Contractor for Jacob & Sundstrom Inc.