Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Personal Configuration File location

From: "Joren, Sandon" <sandon.joren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:49:48 -0400
Yes, I had thought about modifying the %APPDATA% environment variable.  However, I have proved that will not work in my environment.  By changing that system variable, I break other applications that utilize the %APPDATA% directory.  The optimum solution, IMHO, would be to have a setting under preferences that would allow me to specify a directory for my personal configuration files.  I was kind of hoping that Ethereal used some sort of registry entry that I could modify.  Thanks to all who replied!!!

Sandy Joren
Citigroup TI
Global Performance Engineering
283 King George Road