Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can't Open Unix Created Etherreal File in Windows Version of Et

From: "Rodillas Julius-JRODILL1" <Julius.Rodillas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:50:20 -0500
Title: Message
Is their a compatibility problem with the UNIX vs. DOS Ethereal application ? I can use the Unix Version of Ethereal to view messages. However, when taking that same capture file and trying to view it on the PC version of Ethereal Application I get a file open error. I have tried saving the Unix file to different types but still get the same results.

UNIX File Type: Modified Libpcap

My PC app version is:
Version 0.10.9 (C) 1998-2004 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.14, with GLib 2.4.7, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.2, with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.

Running with WinPcap version 3.1 beta4 (packet.dll version 3, 1, 0, 24), based on libpcap version 0.8.3 on Windows XP Service Pack 1, build 2600.

Ethereal is Open Source Software released under the GNU General Public License.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Julius