Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] information

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:27:16 +0200
Olivier GERBAL wrote:

>I would like to know if in the next version of Ethereal, errors detection, bandwidth utilization and  the delay time will be approached

As far as I understand you, you mean such errors like Ethernet
collisions and alike, the answer is no.

The underlying Winpcap/libpcap doesn't report such "hardware related"
error counts, except for the packet drop counter, which is shown by
Ethereal.

However, Ethereal will detect and show a lot of protocol related errors.

Regards, ULFL