Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 64 bit

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:07:23 -0700
Kuhn, H. (Heinrich) wrote:
I need a 64bit version for a Windows2003 environment

The 64-bit Windows environments I know of are

	1) IA-64

	2) x86-64.

For most purposes, a 32-bit x86 version should suffice on x86-64. In theory, a 32-bit x86 version should suffice on IA-64, but I have the impression that performance of 32-bit x86 applications isn't that great on IA-64.

If you need a native IA-64 or x86-64 version, you might have to build one yourself, if nobody out there has built one.