Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] running 2 copies of tethereal on the same interface

From: darren <teodarren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:16:02 +0800
Hi all,

I want to capture all tcp pkts to disk1 and udp pkts to disk 2 as the load is too high for my hdd to take.

As such, I will run two copies for tethereal; one with TCP filters while the other with UDP filters off the same interface.

Will this work? or will pkts read by the first copy be discarded from buffer before the second copy of tethereal gets to it?