Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ftp-data packets problem

From: "bunty " <bunty123_4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 04:35:01 -0000

  hello,
              I use ethereal and transfer data from linux machine to windows and capture analysis says that it captured FTP-DATA packet of 1460 bytes. Now i try to use FTP between 2 redhat linux machines and capture results shows that FTP-DATA is of 1448 bytes. Then i found that Linux uses some 12 bytes header at TCP. Anybody knows for what purpose linux uses these 12 bytes?
regards,
bunty.