Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Can't ping myself anymore on Dell D600

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:17:39 -0700
Steven Masters wrote:
Has anyone reported that you can no longer ping your own PC/laptop after
ethereal ver 0.10.10 and winpcap 3.01alpha or 3.0 on a Dell Latitude D600?

Ethereal probably has nothing to do with this; it does not itself do any thing at all to the OS's networking stack.

It's probably a WinPcap issue. You should ask the WinPcap developers about this:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/contact.htm