Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Tethereal runs out of memory...

From: Cyber Terrorist <cybertet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:33:44 +0530
I did some experiments and found that the memory used by tethereal increases by about 4-12 KB every 5 second. The data rate was very low (about 1 RTCP packet every 3 seconds). I feel this is too much of an increase for any application. I don't think the state information will take such a large amt of memory. I suspect if  tethereal maintains the whole rtcp packet in the memory.

Restaring tethereal every 1 million packets may not be possible as it would make my application very complex. I could even compile tethereal if some one could provide me with the solution. Any solutions out there ?

-- Stephen Regan.