Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: can Ethereal convert a .wav file to .rtp file?

From: Janice Lau <rejoice27@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:15:29 +0800
Perhaps i should ask in another way....

1) I have a standard voice file .wav on hand and i would like to send
it to a destination port using rtpplay and thus capture the packets
using Ethereal. May i know is there any way/tool that can help me to
convert the .wav voice file to .rtp file with all the header
information attached?

2) or is there any way i can directly send the .wav voice file to a
specified UDP port and then capture the network traffic using
Ethereal?

Beside the no1 and 2 as asked above, is there any others better
/smarter/more appropriate way for me to send a standard .wav file ( in
PCM coding) to any other PC (IP's port ) and thus i can capture it
using Ethereal in order to measure the call quality. The motive is
that..i need a reference file ( the original .wav file) and a degraded
file ( the one sent to specified port) so that i am able to measure
the call quality using PESQ algorithm.

THank you for any of your help and suggestions or comments.

HAve a nice day.

regards,
Janice