Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] can Ethereal convert a .wav file to .rtp file?

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:30:13 +0200
Janice Lau wrote:

<1) I have a standard voice file .wav on hand and i would like to send
<it to a destination port using rtpplay and thus capture the packets
<using Ethereal. May i know is there any way/tool that can help me to
<convert the .wav voice file to .rtp file with all the header
<information attached?

I haven't seen any tool that can convert directly from wav to rtpdump file.

<2) or is there any way i can directly send the .wav voice file to a
<specified UDP port and then capture the network traffic using
<Ethereal?

It seems that JMF JMStudio can be used to do this.
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/

1) File/Open File ...

2) File/Transmit...
  Select Format:RAW/RTP
  Select Encoding: ULAW/RTP, G723/RTP, GSM/RTP or MPEGAUDIO/RTP dependent on what codec you want to use.
  and so on...

Then specify the ip-address and port number