Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bug?

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:19:48 +0200

        Hi,

I'm trying to analyse a flow of information, and I'm encountering an unexpected behaviour with Ethereal (latest version available:0.10.10): in the 'Conversations' window, I get far less packets in the IPV4 tab (or in the TCP tab) than in the ethernet one, although all the traffic is TCP (or X11) and unicast. Can you see any explanation?

I encounter this behaviour on multiple different capture files, and the differences between the ethernet tab and the IPV4 one are huge (more than 50% of the traffic disapear).

Note that the information in IPV4 and TCP are identical (same number of packets/octets)

Hope you'll be able to help me!

Thanks in advance,

       Gabriel Haziza