Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] ethereal saving as dat file

From: "Ankur Aggarwal" <ankur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:52 +0530
Harris

1)	I already have a (.bat) script which can enable me to change the
radio mode from .11 a-> b-> g and set the channel number. How do I add
an additional tab which will run it for me in the background instead of
manually typing it?

2) In one portion you talk about converting wireless packets to fake
Ethernet packet and in the other you talk about the interpretation of
rf-parameters like data rate, channel, signal level, etc. (the unused
byte actually is reserved for noise values) The Ethernet packets do not
have provision for these fields. How does one handle this information
(assuming winPcap is modified to generate it)

3) Is there any way to by-pass the winPcap and directly interface with
ethereal? I already capable of generating .apc binary dump of raw
packets but would like to use ethereal for real-time monitoring,
interpretation of TCP/IP layer and GUI features which I lack.

Regards,
Ankur