Ethereal-users: Re: Fwd: Ha: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal crashes on SMPP decode

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:13:37 +0200
Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:

>From: Vsevolodsky.Sergey@xxxxxxxxxx <Vsevolodsky.Sergey@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Oh, i just forgot to attach the trace... sorry
>Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@xxxxxxxxx> написано 11.04.2005 21:15:47:
>
> > The Trace file is missing. It might be that attachments are not
> > allowed on mailing lists.
> >
> > Can you put it on a public URL/FTP address.
> >
> > Regards,
> >    Alex.
> > P.s. Don't know enough to answer the question. Just wanted to let you
> > know about the attachment.
> > P.p.s. Английский понятен, можете не извиняться.
> >
> > On Apr 11, 2005 12:10 AM, Vsevolodsky.Sergey@xxxxxxxxxx
> > <Vsevolodsky.Sergey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi guys!
> > >
> > > Can you look this snoop trace?
> > > We use SMPP protocol ,and Ethereal 0.10.10 crashes when look in
>deliver_sm ,
> > > ок just apply SMPP filter on packets stream.
> > > I think Ethereal cant decode "source_subaddress" field
> > >
> > > Sorry - bad english

I've tried your file with 0.10.10 and it crashed as you reported :-(

Ok, I had to "Decode As" the first packet into SMPP, as it only showed
up TCP.

With the current subversion snapshot, it didn't crashed when I've done
the same :-)

There were some major code cleanup/bug fixing since 0.10.10 which might
have solved this, or someone fixed it since 0.10.10 (I don't know the
SMPP protocol or the ones they maintain it).

If you are in desperate need, you can try the latest builds at:
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/

Regards, ULFL