Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Second level menu items not accessible

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:11:30 +0200
Theron Scott Johnston wrote:

> I am running on a Windows XP system Ethereal Version 0.10.10 and
> WinPcap_3_0.  I can successfully capture and view packets.
>
> However, I am unable to look at any second level menu items (Such as
> File->Export, Edit->Time Reference, View->Time Display Format, ...).
>
> I have totally uninstalled, removed registry entries, and reinstalled.
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't know, never saw that behaviour, sounds a bit strange.

But if I have to guess, I would think there are some (old) GLib/GTK or
alike DLL's in your system causing trouble.

You may look at DLL's e.g. in system32 which are named similar to the
ones in the Ethereal dir and try to temporarily rename that one(s).

Regards, ULFL