Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Newbie Dissector question

From: linux lover <linux_lover2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
hello,
       Thanks for understanding me the various packets
handled by ip protocol.
      I have one more query in following function
void proto_reg_handoff_ip(void)
{
        dissector_handle_t ip_handle;

        data_handle = find_dissector("data");
        ip_handle = find_dissector("ip");

        dissector_add("ethertype", ETHERTYPE_IP,
ip_handle);
        dissector_add("ppp.protocol", PPP_IP,
ip_handle);
             So can i say in simple words that
dissector_add is used when ethereal got packets from
ppp interface or IP packets from NIC,then use
dissect_ip function in above case.
Please correct me.

Thanks for help.
regards,