Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Help

From: "Giles Coochey" <giles.coochey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:15:17 +0100
Title: Message
If you are concerned about say a Linux kernel module hiding traffic from libpcap then you should capture your traffic using a span port configured at the switch and a known good configuration to run Ethereal on. While many say that libpcap may not capture all packets I have found that on good spec hardware I haven't come across a capture that appeared to have missing packets (e.g. An example would be where Ethereal could not re-assemble an entire TCP connection).