Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Capture problems

From: Archie Winful <Archie.Winful@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:04:37 +0100
Hi,
I've been running packet captures on Ethereal and I've noticed an odd
problem. I recently had to have Windows 2000 Server installed in my laptop
(with the latest patch). I've also installed and reinstalled WinPcap_3. I
find that whenever I run a packet capture with no filters at all, I cannot
see any of the packets going out from my machine apart from ARPs and
broadcasts. I can see all the responses coming back to my IP address though.
Any ideas on what's going wrong here?

Thanks,
Archie Winful

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
subject to legal privilege.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named
above.  If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read,
copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in
this e-mail.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail
and delete the message and any attachments without retaining copies.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive managed e-mail security service,  visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.