Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal display filters are not working

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:01:38 -0700
Sudhanshu Gupta wrote:

I created a regular file in a NFS mounted file system. I found out the
inode no of this newly created file. I have caputred the nfs packets
for this creat request with tpdump.

When you captured them, did you use the flag "-s 65535" or, with newer versions of tcpdump, "-s 0"?

If not, only the first 68 or 96 bytes of the packet will be captured, which is probably not enough to capture the bytes of the packet containing the file handle. If the file handle isn't in the packet, a display filter that checks the file handle won't match anything.