Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal display filters are not working

From: Sudhanshu Gupta <sudhanshu.gupta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:53:04 +0530
Hello,

I am facing some problem with the ethereal display filters.

I created a regular file in a NFS mounted file system. I found out the
inode no of this newly created file. I have caputred the nfs packets
for this creat request with tpdump. I ran ethereal on this. I don't
see any packet, if I set any of the following display filters:

- nfs.procedure_v3 == 8 && nfs.fh.fileid == <inode no>
- nfs.procedure_v3 == 8 && nfs.fh.fn == <inode no>
- nfs.procedure_v3 == 8 && nfs.fh.fn.inode == <inode no>

Please let me know what is wrong with my display filter settings.

Thanks,
Sudhanshu