Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Befuddled

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:58:05 -0800
Steven Curtis wrote:
It appears I have found the answer to my own question. I don't know if its a driver support issue, or more likely an ignorance issue, but I've learned that I can get packets if I do not have the "Capture packets in promiscuous mode" option set. It was on by default, and would not allow any packets to get logged. I'll read up on this option, but my problem has been solved for the time being.

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q5.39

Some non-802.11 drivers might have the same problem.