Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] serial support in ethereal

From: "David Bremer" <DAVEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:17:45 +1200
On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 11:48:11AM +0200, Steven_XXL@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Your Ethereal is more than great and it is really impressiv.
> >Well I see that it does not support DIAL Up-Modem/ISDN Connections in
> >Win2k/XP/Server.

>More precisely, the packet capture mechanism used by Ethereal on Windows
>doesn't support it.

Is it possible to capture this traffic on Linux or does it have the same problem? I use a captured session taken on win98 to teach PPP. it's great for showing the LCP negotiation process. I use Linux a little at work but not at home - which is the only place I have a dial-up connection available.

 If the PPP connection process is able to be captured with Linux I might be able to get students to capture their own session in a lab that's got an analog PABX - of course I'd then have to learn how to actually make a Linux PPP connection first but I think that's do-able.

Cheers
Dave