Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Selecting an Interface

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 01:23:04 -0700
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:54:05PM -0400, Ralph Schlottmann wrote (in
HTML, which not everybody's mail reader handles conveniently - text mail
is preferred):

> When I go to start a capture there are no interfaces to select from, why
> is that?

If you're running Windows:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.5

which refers you to

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#capprobwin

If you're running some UNIX-flavored OS:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.8

which refers you to

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#capprobunix