Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] [Ethereal-dev] Install dir for SNMP MIB files onWinXP

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 21:00:43 +0200
Dusan Ferbas wrote:
> I tried custom MIB with ethereal 0.10.2, it looks like not working. When I
> added my .mib files into snmp/mibs .index was recreated. I added my .mib
> files into preferences for SNMP. Then I searched mailing lists and found
> that c:/usr/mibs has to be filled with mib files. After that when I open a
> packet detail a console window popups with
>
> (ethereal.exe:876): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_text_size: gdk_nmbstowchar_ts
failed

> Mib files are used with Lanalyzer, Castlerock's SNMPc, CMU parser.

Maybe the following two messages can give some hints of what to do for
Ethereal on Windows
in order to get custom MIBs to work.

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200402/msg00242.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200403/msg00325.html

The Gdk-WARNING may however still appear. I guess it is because there is som
not printable character. We probably need to get more details about what
field that is for
in order to solve that.