Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Newbie calling, wanted a book of what's going on

From: "Matthew Anstis" <manstis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:20:39 +1300
Is there a book, perhaps in dictionary form,
that comes close to providing answers for the
multitude of different captured packets that I see
( in this case, a campus network )? I would rather
use this shotgun approach than researching each
protocol separately book-by-book.
I'm clearly surprised by the variety of packets,
and am doing this merely out of ( keen )interest.
Humble desktop technician
Matt

that provides explanations of most of what I see?
I have used ethereal on a campus network and I
only recognise the basic communications. I don't need an in-depth
analysis ( although fine ) but I was unpleasantly surprised by what
little I .