Ethereal-users: SV: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.9.7 Crashes with One GPRS R98 Packet Injection

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:19:56 +0200

>For what it's worth Guy's one frame capture file crashes Ethereal 9.5 on
>WinXP SP1.

The file Guy prepared causes a crash on Windows 2000 (tested with Ethereal 0.9.5)
and Windows 98 (tested with Ethereal 0.9.7, 0.9.6 and 0.9.1)

My debugger said it crashed on line 4843 (Ethereal 0.9.5 source) in dissect_gtpv0(tvbuff*, _packet_info*,_GNode*)
 in the file packet-gtp.c:
offset = offset + (*gtpopt[i].decode)(tvb, offset, pinfo, gtpv0_tree);