Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capturing only my data

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:36:21 -0700
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:30:20PM +0200, Damian wrote:
> How to set Ethereal to capture data only to and from my computer?

If you're running Ethereal on your computer, turn off promiscuous mode
when you're doing a capture.

If you're running Ethereal on some other computer, so that you have to
promiscuously sniff the wire to see traffic to and from your computer,
you'd have to set up a capture filter to capture only traffic to or from
your computer's link-layer and/or network-layer address.