Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: wireless

From: Jeremy Hein <jeremyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:38:29 -0400
I've tried getting my Cisco aironet card to go into monitor mode a dozen times. I can't get it to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions? If I try the echo request to /proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Config, it doesn't change the file. If I try iwconfig eth0 mode Monitor, it give me an error as well. I've tried kismet_monitor and that stopped my card from getting on the network so I assumed it was in monitor mode, but I didn't see any change when I use ethereal. Is there anything I have to do once I bring up ethereal to view 802.11 traffic?

Thanks for your help,
Jeremy