Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] incorrect tcp checksums

From: "Mads Nielsen (DXD)" <Mads.B.Nielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:57:17 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for a fast response (Guy Harris) ;-)
I can see your point (nobody wants to work on endless tasks;-).

A final thought (compromise):
The TCP option "check validity of the TCP checksum when possible" could be
split into two options, like:
1) "check validity of the TCP checksum when possible" (default true)
2) "ignore TCP checksum on outgoing packets" (default true)
Seems like a simple change (without ever having developed anything for Ethereal;-) -
however the question is how simple "packet->isOutgoing()" is to implement...

I can live with the current implementation (great tool) but just wanted
to contribute with some ideas (I'm most of the time too busy to contribute
with source - sorry).

/Mads