Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Update the FAQ request and Feature Request

From: james jones <jame_sj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
--- Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you mean by "only dump the stream into the
> window"?
>
> Do you mean have a window that displays only a
> subset of the packets but
> does so with a separate list of packets, rather than
> by filtering the
> full list of packets?
>
> If so, why?

The only reason I suggest not filtering the full list
of packets would be to possibly minimize the loading
time of the new window process. My theory is since I
all ready have a window with the original capture I
could look at my subset of packets (or multiple
windows of subsets of packets)and refer back to the
main window as needed.

If it is a programatic pain in the a$$ I could
certainly live with a new window filtered and be as
happy as a clam. ;-)

James