Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] i cannot start collecting data

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:57:50 -0700
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 09:17:10AM -0400, Jorge Gonzalez wrote:
> I just started to use the Ethereal and I am getting a parse error.

Then you probably used an invalid capture filter expression.

> I have load the WinCap 2.3 freshly installed

Then a description of the syntax for capture filters can be found at

	http://windump.polito.it/docs/manual.htm

Look for the section that begins with

	expression
		selects which packets will be dumped.  If no expression
		is given, all packets on the net will be dumped.
		Otherwise, only packets for which expression is `true'
		will be dumped.