Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Solaris support atm

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:54:55 -0700
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 02:00:52PM +0200, Stephan Korsback (EAB) wrote:
> But after that I "make" :
>
> It stopped after a while
>
> make ethereal.1 .....    > ethereal.pod
>
> ethereal.pod not found
>

> However ethereal was already made and it works, but the other things
> seems to belog to documentation I guess ??
>

> Any idea what the last problem is ?

Perhaps you don't have Perl installed, or don't have a version of
pod2man installed as part of whatever Perl you have installed?

If that's not the problem, I have no idea what the problem is (which is
why you should send questions such as this to one of the Ethereal lists,
not to me; you should have gotten an automatically-generated response
indicating that I was out of town for two weeks, and that questions
should be sent to the list, not to me, as I probably wouldn't be able to
respond to them until I returned).

> Another thing is, I am thinking use it for SS7 over ATM with all MTP2
> and MTP3 and so on, do you think that will work ?

The only SS7 support currently in Ethereal is SS7-over-IP; if you're
running SS7 over ATM without IP, Ethereal cannot dissect that.