Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Slow packet capture from file

From: Chris Robertson <Chris.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:58:24 -0700
They are on seperate networks (it's amazing how much traffic a rlogin
session generates...), I'm trying to pin down some really wierd network wide
"flaky-ness".  Last time this happened someone had fired up routed on their
workstation and was confusing the hell out of some layer 3 switches, on a
completely different network.  :(

So my hope is to run captures on all the various networks and then merge
them back into one to see if I can find RIP, CDP, etc floating around
mucking things up and Ethereal is a heck of a lot nicer for that than cat |
grep.  ;)

Thanks,
Chris