Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal for Linux

From: "Thanh Chiem" <ThanhChiem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:25:26 -0400
Dear Ethereal Users,

I downloaded source code (0.8.19) from the Red Hat Linux links from Ethereal.com home page to install on my Red Hat Linux 7.1 professional server (new machine). I ran into some errors for 'failed dependencies' for some files during the installation process. These are:

- libcrypto.s0.0
- libsnmp.s0.0
- libpcap >=0.4
- libpcap.s0.0.6.2

The first two files are actually preloaded by Red Hat Linux 7.1 installation at locations /usr/lib. The last two are loaded manually after Linux installation.

I just wonder:
1). if the source code downloaded is compatible for use on Red Hat Linux 7.1
2). Any specific locations that the software expects to find the above files so we can move them to for successful installation

Any help I can get will be very much appreciated?.

Thank you.

Regards,
Thanh