Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Weird Cisco packet?

From: "Giles Scott" <gscott2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:05:34 +0100
Title: RE: [Ethereal-users] Weird Cisco packet?

Hi Justin,

's5emt104.mib' MIB references SONMP (SynOptics Network Management Protocol)
The protocol uses a DA multicast MAC 01-00-81-00-01-00 and 01-00-81-00-01-01
It is SNAP encoded and the vendor field is 0x000081
I have just finished writing a dissector for this protocol, I am waiting for Managerial approval before I can submit the code :-(

Optivity uses this MIB/protocol to build up and accurate layer 1/2 map of a Nortel based network.

Cheers

Giles Scott