Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Windows 2000 and promiscuous mode

From: "Gabe Green" <ggreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:11:31 -0700
Hello,

I'd like to be able to enable promiscuous mode on the Windows 2000 version of Etherreal.

I have all the approrpiate boxes checked, but I still only see traffic to and from my local machine.  Do I need to set anything in the device manager, or do anything on the windows side of things to enable it?  I am administrator on this machine, it's Windows 2000 Professional service pack 2.

If not, I'll just run it from FreeBSD or Linux - however - if there are any other Windows tools I can use, please let me know.  All I want to do is monitor AOL instant messenger traffic on my network (tcp port 5190) and log it to a file.

Thanks,
Gabe